Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reading about the real "Downton Abbey"

Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle (Paperback) - shopPBS.org

Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle


The Countess of Carnarvon


In an earlier blog, I wrote about falling in love the with Masterpiece series, Downton Abbey. I just can't get enough of Jullian Fellowse's award winning series. One evening, I sat down to relax and read with my Kindle and ventured into the bookstore to see what was new. To my great surprise, I came across the book Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle, written by the current Lady Carnarvon. The book is intriguing as it offers glimpses into not only the history of the castle, but diaries, letters, and wonderful photographs from the archives of Highclere Castle.

If you are enjoying the Downton Abbey series, I highly recommend this book. I'd love to know of any other books fans of the series are reading.



http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=12349605

http://www.amazon.com/Lady-Almina-Real-Downton-Abbey/dp/0770435629

No comments:

Post a Comment